Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Elephants, and Monkeys, and Fish, Oh My!


Asian recap #2.

On a tour in Koh Samui (Koh Suh-moo-ee), Thailand I became one with the wildlife!  The colorful temple tour included several bonus stops to see the native animals.  My first encounter was completely unintentional, but completely worth it.  I passed a fish spa and couldn’t help stopping by for a very unique pedicure.  Toothless fish commonly known as Doctor Fish eat the dead skin off your feet.  It is definitely ticklish for a minute or so, but then just feels tingly as if your feet fell asleep (minus the muscle cramping):


 The cast of the baby elephant show was both athletic AND artistic!  They showed off their dunking ability, then played us sweet sounds on their harmonicas:






At the coconut plantation, I bonded with one of the workers.  He climbs trees and picks coconuts all day, but took the time to stop for a photo op with me:





Tomorrow’s recap takes us back to China!

No comments:

Post a Comment