Tuesday, April 1, 2014

So Long Hong Kong

I am now heading back westward on the last leg of my contract.  As we leave Asia, it’s time to recap some of the highlights I’ve not yet written about. This will be a trilogy.  Let’s start with Hong Kong, shall we?

We spent a number of days docked in Hong Kong, but what was the very first thing I chose to do there?  You guessed it:


Hong Kong Disneyland is the smallest of the Disney parks, but it was definitely work the trip.  They have two unique sections including Mystic Point and Toy Story Land:


 Mystic Point features a ride called Mystic Manor, which is set up similarly to the Haunted Mansion but with a different premise.  An early 20th-century style treasure hunter welcomes you into his home to view his many one-of-a-kind artifacts.  His most recent find is a jewelry box topped with an enchanted ruby than when touched, brings intimate objects to life.  The treasure hunter’s companion is an Abu-inspired mischievous monkey named Albert.  Albert cannot help himself, and grabs for the ruby, causing all sorts of mayhem (sound familiar?).  Thus begins an exciting ride full of dancing statues, creepy-crawly scarabs, and even self-operating weapons.  It was a great time.

Several guests from a previous cruise were staying in an owner’s suite at The Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong while we were there, and they invited us over for a cocktail party!  It was interesting to see how the other half lives:


 On my second stay in Hong Kong I was able to visit Victoria Peak, where I enjoyed the view and made some new friends who were on a field trip and wanted to practice their English with me:




Our tour also stopped at several other sites visited in the movie Love Is A Many Splendored Thing.  Shout out to my grandmother, since it’s her favorite movie.  Since she wasn’t here, I made the trip for her.

Come back for part two later!

No comments:

Post a Comment